Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day...hell yea

Hey Now! I hope y'all have a fun labor day and get to take a day to do something fun.


I had an exciting day yesterday working the Boomsday festival for the fair city of Knoxville. It is a huge fireworks show that is suspected to have near 400,000 people come out to watch. The department Basegasket and I work for sets the electrical panels for the vendors and sound systems along Neyland drive. We also service the lighting for the Henley Street bridge where the majority of the fireworks are launched. We are charged with switching the lights off on the Gay and Henley Street bridges a few minutes before the start of the fireworks and relighting them after the show. Just about an hour before the show my boss calls on the two way to ask me if I want to walk with him to the Gay Street controller, having nothing better to do I said, "hell yea". Once there, we were talking about the fact that we needed another truck for quick removal of equipment after the festival so he sends me to see his boss who is stationed at the Henley controller. It took me some time to cross the Gay street bridge and walk to the Henely bridge with all the folks milling about. When I get there our department manager says, "you want to do the honors?", I said "hell yea". He did a count down over the Nextel and when I flipped the switch I heard the roar of a sea of humans reflect off the Tennessee River. It gave me chills and made my face blush to think I did that, hell yea!

On a side note and update to earlier post, I completed my soft top installation and it came out quite well if I do say so myself. I was able to pull off my dream of
incorporating the trimmings of the factory interior for a rag top as if Ford motor corp designed it. The Bronco was designed to have a removable roof but Ford never offered the option of a soft top, rumor has it they did not want the warranty situation of a canvas top. Anyway here is a photo of it in my favorite position which is called "Safari".

(click for bigger)

It does fold all the way down too.

(click for bigger)

It looks pretty good while up as well.

(click for bigger)

Another side note and report from an earlier post, please think a good thought or two for my oldest Daughter as she will be going tomorrow for a lengthy anesthetized scan of her lymphatic system as part of her cancer cure.

Put the top down, think good thoughts and hell yea, don't make matters worse.

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 10:23 AM

5 Comments:

I just drive the truck, Jed. LOL
Blogger Basegasket, at 9:15 PM  
The fireworks were so awesome, during the finale a buddy and I just jiggled with giggles, uncontrollably...Fun!!

The Bronco looks great! The process of converting the old doaner top would be a great article for 4 wheel drive magazine. Did you take pictures of the process?
Blogger Basegasket, at 9:27 PM  
Good job, Jed!

Your daughter is in my prayers and thoughts. Hugs.
Blogger Rosie, at 10:41 PM  
we are prayin fer yer daughter, sir. twuz a good job ye dun on that thar roof!
Blogger buddydon, at 12:53 PM  
Jed, I've not been past for ages, how is your daughter?
Blogger Richard, at 10:23 AM  

Add a comment