Friday, August 24, 2007

Busy man and a new blog

I have been busy trying to customize a soft top for my Bronco and have had not much time for blogging. I am taking the project to a different level than I have ever seen before on a Bronco. My project is different by using the fiberglass top from a donor vehicle at a local junkyard, whereby I can utilize all the factory trimmings for a nice looking installation. I have been busy cutting fiberglass, using body filler, painting and doing some Jedineering on the bow set-up. Another feature to my idea is the ability to store the whole top and mount erected so it doesn't get all cracked up while wadded up in a pile during the winter...hopefully. Here are some images, a picture can't make matters worse in this case.




Now to my friends new blog who is a busy guy himself. He is from the upper Appalachian chain in New York state and has relocated to our part of the finest mountain range in the whole damn world. Basegasket will be a blog to watch as this guy is one of the most dynamic fellas I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He, like Jed has worn many hats throughout his life. He knows a bit about everything in the physical world and puts his hands and boots right in the thick of it.

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 7:40 PM

4 Comments:

Smashing job on the Bronco top Jed. I'm impressed with this fine example of Jedineering. really cool (or whatever word they use today)
As for the latter part of your latest post, you got me feeling good about my self again, ego is showing signs of life. Thanks friend.
Sincerely,
Dynamicfellayatollah
Blogger Basegasket, at 8:54 PM  
Hey Jed, I'm wondering if that is the soft top from Tampa.
Blogger red molly, at 8:51 AM  
Yes it is Red! Thanks so much for your offer to help. It turns out the guy selling it was honest...go figure. I got a killer deal on it as they don't make them any more and this was brand spanking new. The owner was reluctant to put it on as it makes breaking in very easy and Tampa/St Petersburg is a good place to loose a car to a chop shop.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 11:36 PM  
That is the grooviest thing ever!
I can't wait to see the finished product!
Blogger Julie, at 10:39 AM  

Add a comment