Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hello Bronco


Back in November I told you a sad story about having to sell my beloved Broncosaurus. Come listen to this little story about man named Jed.

I was feeling a little blue the day after my birthday when the phone rings with some interesting and professional sounding voice announcing he is a local attorney. My heart skips beats as the valves in it constrict to over pressurize my body for the doom I normally suffer when some land shark attorney wants to speak to me. He had a friendly tone as he started, which almost always means I am going to get it hard and that made my rump tight enough to bounce on the wooden seat as I sat for the expected bad news. As he got to to the meat of his conversation he had won the bid on a little house that was in a forclosure sale and in the yard there was a vehicle that Nashville says belongs to me. It was the beloved broncosaurus, but I told him I signed over the title when the new owner gave me money for the at-the-time disabled truck.

He keeps on about the fact that he just wants his property clear of this car and he will have it towed if I don't want it. I ask him what he thinks the law would do to me if I take it off his property. He says well if the new owner never has registered the sale and now has abandoned his property then he would have to prove his case in court. So I am slipping on my shoes as the conversation comes to an end.

When I get to the scene the Bronco has been crushed in the driver side front and the bumper is twisted into the wheel with great force. In fact the force was so great in an outward way the bolts broke several tools to make them free. On the window is impound paint with K.P.D. (Knoxville Police Department) numbers and the date is 5-14-06. As I start my work of cutting the twisted steel away from the aluminium rim with borrowed electricity from a neighbor for my angle grinder, I start to wonder about the tales my old friend could tell me about its new owner. So far this week as I repair all the broken systems a story of a broken persons life of anger and drugs seems to be unfolding.

I hope as I bring my old friend the trusty Broncosaurus back to life it don't make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 11:11 PM

9 Comments:

That is a great story and you have a very wonderful and entertaining way of storytelling. You ought to write novels.

Good luck with the truck!
Blogger red molly, at 10:56 AM  
Good luck with the Broncosaurus! Keep us up to date on its/his/her progress. (My car, "Trusty," is a "her". Mr. Johnson's car, "Silver Flash," is a "he." If I can't use duck tape, I wouldn't know how to fix either one of them.

I think it's great you got that truck back even if you can't fix it.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 5:59 PM  
Who woulda thunk?
Glad you got her back!
Blogger sandegaye, at 10:52 AM  
Great story. I'm interested in hearing more about the story of the former owner too.

Anger and drugs- the cornerstone of every great story's beginning. I know a few of 'em.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 7:10 AM  
I think we may have a bumper sticker that would make the ol' Broncosaurus feel much better.

good luck
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  
Great news, and a belated Happy Birthday. About time you had something positive to get your teeth, or at least your toolkit's teeth, into. I'm dead chuffed for you.
Blogger krusty the baker, at 1:40 PM  
great news, and happy 42. hope I see you soon. travelin.
Blogger earlnemo, at 2:15 PM  
I think you losing the Broncosaurus was the first post of yours I read. Glad to see you're reunited.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  
" which almost always means I am going to get it hard and that made my rump tight enough to bounce on the wooden seat as I sat for the expected bad news."

GAWD, I SO KNOW THAT FEELING!

Great story! I hope you and your beloved Broncosaurus remain reunited for at least the next 42 years!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 11:02 PM  

Add a comment