Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Fool of April

I have found myself very uninterested in writing down my feelings. Moreover I have not cared about this "American Dream" in the way that I did my first forty years here. Therefore I feel my sharing may not meet the requirements I keep in my mission line to not make matters worse. I am about to spew my indifference and fail to fall within the boundaries of my blog.

You may remember how nearly two years ago I wrote of losing my home to the A.R.M. loan debacle. This scandal was happening to me when these things were unheard of, and folks just thought, oh well here is another loser whining about his stupid decisions. Now that it has been headline news a while and the government is giving people help who are about to lose a house or a business "too big to fail", I find my feelings on the matter apathetic, and the only emotion alive is bitterness.

As I know from my common mans dabbling into the psychological realm, disappointment comes from unmet expectations, so I expect nothing now. I have a dark craving to see this mess go into total collapse, every system down, burning houses for fire wood and way gone past the point of no return. Feelings on this are very difficult to shake as I have never seen a god damn bail out and all my punishments for being short on funds have only further made other people rich. It has all been a lie, a grift, a sham, a system designed to deceive built on real estate that is not real. I don't care to see this economic system heal if it is going to be the same type of amortized impossible-to-catch-debt. Rather my vision watches it burn into ashes. Rebirth from ash is the only hope, otherwise it is the same uncomfortable perceiving freedom, as money mongers rape your REAL efforts, with deceptive bank "products" and carefully languaged policies.

You are wondering what has happened to Jed the lovable fool? He is no longer lovable, he is a fool simmering into the stew of this melting pot and hoping matters boil dry. Don't let any of this worry you, because Jed only sees the obvious and never the future.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 6:42 PM

5 Comments:

i kin shore git whar yer cummin frum, sir. bein sorta on the inside of lots of this (on a counta wurkin on wall st), i have seen loads of unfairness everwhar. sumthin them pall tishuns n cee ee ohs dont tell ye is how they cut all the bonuses to nuthin fer them amung us that aint bankers or traders or sellers ... in other wurds, they eeliminated them bonuses fer us lil guys who couldnt have cawsed these problems even ifn we hadda known how to on a counta we dont have no rites to bank or trade or sell.

but them bankers n traders n sellers gut thars. the rest of us gut cuts in our pay of at lease 10%.

taint fair, no how, now way, but tiz as tiz n i am one of the lucky ones still (on a counta havin a job atall).

i wish them that cawsed this hole thang to happen could crash n burn, but i caint hope fer everthang to go down. i gut too minny kinfolk that wood lackly suffer or even die.

but i git the feelin rite down to my bones, n ifn i thank bout it atall, it makes me burn.
Blogger buddydon, at 6:28 AM  
I'm with you all the way, my friend. This was the best chance ever the whole world has had for over 60 years to look at a better way of conducting itself but what does it want to do? Bail itself out so it can do it all again.

Welcome back.
Blogger Richard, at 10:24 AM  
Thanks for understanding my words guys!

I hope for fairness some day.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 1:19 PM  
Yes Jed you have a right to be bitter but the mortgage bail out is not what it is cracked to be.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
2:00 a.m. April 4, 2009
WASHINGTON – Though lenders are boosting their attempts to curb record-high home foreclosures, fewer than half of loan modifications made at the end of last year actually reduced borrowers' payments by more than 10 percent, data released yesterday show. The report helps explain why many loans are falling back into default after being modified. Many borrowers and consumer groups contend that the modifications offered by the lending industry aren't very generous, despite public prodding from regulators.

I’ve just been to the near future where we return to the breadlines and live in shantytowns like the depression in the 1930s. We will have to wear sidearm’s to protect what little assets we got especially consumables and potable water. Employment will hit a staggering 40 percent and it will be hard to hold onto anything of real value.
Sounds hard but it beats the getting paid on Friday and spending aimless hours strolling down the isles of an overstocked supermarket! Timetraveler63
Blogger Mr. Trustnobody, at 10:50 PM  
Time traveling brother, I hear you. At least with a sidearm a man has a chance, with a corrupt political and financial system a man is subjugated into an invisible slavery. Bring on the shanty town and lets get a system that is understandable to the majority not curtailed for the elite!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 5:46 PM  

Add a comment