Monday, November 03, 2008

Did you know?

Did you know that if someone does not pay you for your work in Tennessee you can't really do anything about it? Even if you are a W-2 full time employee you have no recourse except hiring a lawyer which you can not charge the lawyer services back to said employer. Even if your employer has supposedly taken out taxes and social and never pays the federal government, you are still responsible.

Sounds like lawyers have set the game up pretty good for their own kind. I say bravo to them, clever word tricks have us all scrounging to pay our bills and health care.

Did you know you can not call a thief a thief? Just because they mismanaged does not make them a thief. You can't call a liar a liar either even if they had a contract with you in both paper and verbal agreement. It makes me wonder what really keeps order in these situations. Fraud it seems is difficult to prove and I am thinking of taking up a few more credit card offers, with the good intent of paying them back...of course. This may be the way things really work in these parts, swimming pools, movie stars.

I think when I had my bankruptcy and A.R.M. loan failure I would have taken the criticism of being a thief and a liar, because I felt low and like those things. Now I know that ain't at all how it works. Yet another reason to be feeling free today. What was that part of the Lord's prayer? Something about forgiveness of trespasses?

So remember folks if you lie and steal in a formal business fashion it will not make matters worse in the eyes of the law.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 4:09 PM

3 Comments:

And if your business goes tits up because your clients can't or don't pay their bills, it's tough luck. Unless of course you're blind dumb stupid enough to own a bank and then you can give all your assets away and the government(s) will bail you out with tax money (of course, it won't be your tax money because you're wealthy enough to hire smart arse accountants to get you out of paying any in the first place).

Have you voted yet?
Blogger Richard, at 12:31 PM  
Richard, I have made my choice and I voted for the smartest man who has ran in a long time. Many many around me seem to think he is the Anti-Christ. I say so what, bring it on and lets get to this apocalypse in my lifetime.

I don't know if I have ever told you this, but I am flattered you read my blog. I am amazed to find such smart people would want to read my ramblings.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:26 PM  
I'm not quite sure what leads you to that conclusion about me, Jed but I'm flattered nevertheless. If only more of your countrymen - and mine for that matter - shared your philosophy.
Blogger Richard, at 6:29 AM  

Add a comment