Monday, September 15, 2008

Perhaps it is the full moon

This is a dark Monday, but the night should be bright with that disc of a silver green glow we call the moon.

Fuel here has jumped up almost $2 per gallon this weekend making us all very nervous because we are paying more in this spot than any
where else in America and we don't know why exactly. They say there is no buffer from the volatility of current markets. With that said, the big marketplace had a weird dangerous day where we saw businesses fail that had survived the Great Depression. I get the feeling there will still be no buffer.

What can I do to not make matters worse today? Feel another loss?

The loss of someone who changed the music world by using electronic technology to produce the underlying sound that was Pink Floyd. Rest in peace Richard Wright.

I started the idea phase of my commemorative Jack-o-Lantern. Should I use the young Christ like face of a man who built that unique sound or the weathered face of a man who lived to feed us sounds like we never heard before he was here?
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:50 PM

4 Comments:

Christ like face. Like the same one I pray to every time I take another hit on the economical chin. $5.00 per gal. Jesus help us all.
Blogger Basegasket, at 8:29 PM  
Amen Basegasket, this is only the start of a really long recovery, but first we must bottom out.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 9:36 PM  
i agree with basegasket. whuts up with them price increases? gas is still well under 4 bucks up here in jersey ...
Blogger buddydon, at 8:24 AM  
Another Floyd themed pumpkin? I do hope you haven't started a trend.

Spare a thought for us over here - Even $5 a gallon is half what we pay :( But...in a way it's making everyone think twice about the necessity of everything we consume and hopefully this effect will last long after we get used to higher prices. I'm always amazed about the number of youngsters haring around in cars seemingly unaware of the high petrol prices until I realise that this is the only price they know and that they budget accordingly. I dare say I was the same 30 years ago.
Blogger Richard, at 10:01 AM  

Add a comment