Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A song from long ago

I have been spending time riding rather than blogging. My 44th birthday passed the other day when the Olympics started. Forty four on eight eight ought eight, has to have some good number mo-jo.

As I was devising a way to make my summer ride easier It reminded me of an old Pink Floyd song called "Bike" which is almost as old as I am.

The song opens with these words:


I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings and Things to make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

I think remembering Syd Barrett's contribution to music and my life's soundtrack can't make matters worse.






:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 8:23 PM

5 Comments:

I don't think that's quite the kind of bike Syd had in mind!

Belated happy birthday
Blogger Richard, at 6:16 AM  
OMG!!! You put a basket on your Harley! At least paint it black. Great fun and good times still.
Blogger Basegasket, at 6:21 AM  
Hey Jed, Happy belated birthday. I hope it is a great year for you!!
Blogger red molly, at 8:14 PM  
let me git on bein late to wish ye a happy birthdy, sir! that bike looks rite nice, ceptn i half to agree with whut richard sed.

hope yer n yers are all doin well.
Blogger buddydon, at 12:48 PM  
And me too, happy birthday! Now I know why they put on that big show in China -- it was for you!
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 1:43 PM  

Add a comment