Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day in the Pond and High Above

I know you folks sit around and wonder who keep the flag pole ropes working and pond pumps pumping. Now that I have brought it to the front of your mind you are saying it must be people like Jed.


Readers please know how much I like keeping simple things working in the outdoor places where people go for recreation. It was a warm 94 degrees, but that was easy to take with a break in the shade of a pine or maple tree by the pond where we were installing new pump impellers and housings. I am feeling blessed and that ain't making matters worse.


My wife has landed a cool new job with Cherries Internet Cafe as technical director and that puts her downtown where all the who's who of Knoxville hang out. That puts us back in the lower lower middle class income bracket. Which you know is much better than the upper middle lower income class bracket.

Overall a good batch of news, which make matters better.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 11:23 PM

4 Comments:

As someone who gets a bit queasy in high spaces, I dig seeing it when you do it.
Cheers to your good news.
Blogger Newscoma, at 3:13 AM  
I enjoy my new career tons, and even more after the academy is over, but I have to admit I miss the meaningful tasks (work orders) i used to be sent on as city plumber. When a city toilet had an unruly brown trout that just won't go away, how rewarding it was to be there for the city employees and save the day! Glamorous.
Blogger Basegasket, at 8:19 AM  
You've had cosmetic surgery!
Blogger Richard, at 7:05 AM  
Jed, You have a truly wacko blog (I mean that is a good way.) I gotta get time to read it.

Get your Harley carb fixed, with the info I sent ya.

Ride Safe
Ian
Blogger Red Jeep Club, at 12:48 AM  

Add a comment