Monday, June 16, 2008

No more Mondays for Jed

I am so glad to be back on the compact work week. When I first came to the Facilities Department we had the four ten hour day work week and I really loved it. Then the powers that be became frustrated that many crew members wanted to return to eight hour days and managing a mixed group of workers on different schedules was confusing with holidays and off time. Now that fuel prices are out of the roof the majority of us agreed to go back to save 4.3 driving days a month. Thats almost 20% less commuting. I was always a proponent of this compact work week because it seemed I could get more done because we get tools and equipment all scattered out to do a project then at the end of the day had to allow time to repack and transport back to the shop with only another hour or so to finish, so we had to return the next day with all of the same equipment to finish which ate the heart of the next day too.

Jed is always putting a bug in the right ear or two to get things changed without wanting credit, just the benefit. My next mission is to get Red Cross training and professional courses prepaid not reimbursed because many of us have no means to "imburse" in the first place. As the Heuristic Prophet of the Obvious that I am, I made an observation the other day I am adding to my life soundtrack. Observation: I like working for public service because my underpaid efforts are not going to make some selfish person rich, but to enrich the area where my children will live.

It can't make matters worse to throw ideas around to make others look good when their is political gain for them and benefit for me and mine.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:23 AM

5 Comments:

tiz a grate idee. wish i could use it ceptn i am alreddy wurkin 10 hour daze n couldnt do much more. i bet tiz nice to have reglar three-day weekends.
Blogger buddydon, at 1:17 PM  
You said something there bd, three day weekends are great!

Also if I do work an extra day I still get a two day weekend.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 10:34 PM  
Kinda missing all my friends down there at Facilities. Good thing those 10 hour days, I liked them too. I hope some don't abuse it like last time
Blogger Basegasket, at 6:39 PM  
Hey Jed, I haven't hit a lick on a Monday in over 10 years. I am lucky that I have been able to have a part-time job while Mr. Red Molly works his butt off. Yep, 3 day weekends are great. Enjoy!
Blogger red molly, at 8:05 AM  
Sounds like the perfect job for ten-hour days, but watch out for that sunshine!

Greatest idea of all time, the Red Cross bit.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 5:28 PM  

Add a comment