Monday, May 19, 2008

Watching the 555


I have been watching the progress of a group of bikers called the 555 who set out from Knoxville Tennessee on old school bikes with the goal of hitting Portland Oregon. They must have bikes made before 1975 worth after restoration less than $500 and less than 500 cubic centimeters displacement. They started on May 16th and it is fun to watch their adventures in the Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.

It can't make matters worse to watch others have adventures I can only dream of.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 7:23 PM

4 Comments:

Me too.
Blogger Newscoma, at 8:27 PM  
I'd give my eyeteeth to ride that far for that length of time. Lucky dudes that 555 gang.
Blogger Basegasket, at 6:27 AM  
I wonder if any of them are riding a 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.
Blogger red molly, at 8:11 AM  
I was built before 1975, and I'm worth about $500, so I guess I could walk right along side 'em.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 9:04 AM  

Add a comment