Friday, November 30, 2007

Evil is dead

Daredevil motorcyclist Evel Knievel sails over 13 Mack trucks in the
open-air Canadian national exhibition stadium in Toronto, Canada,
in this Aug. 20, 1974. Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil
whose exploits made him an international icon in the
1970s, died Friday, Nov. 30, 2007. He was 69.


Some things in the news really strike Jed. I watched this man do some crazy stunts in my youth and was very impressed. In fact I owned his collection of action figures and motorcycle vehicles.

I think taking time to honor a daredevil can't make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:23 PM

4 Comments:

...and he did it all on an Harley Davidson!
Blogger Basegasket, at 8:19 AM  
R.I.P to Evel. He was a lot of fun.
Blogger Newscoma, at 3:03 AM  
he brung a smile to my face near ever time he tride innythang .. n that dont make nuthin wurse.
Blogger buddydon, at 1:02 PM  
One of the first films I went to see on my own was the 1971 feature starring George Hamlton, "Evel Kneivel". I'd never heard of him before and I enjoyed it a lot. It was a double header with the T-Rex film, "Born to Boogie". Neither of those films made matters worse.
Blogger Richard, at 5:10 PM  

Add a comment