Monday, October 29, 2007

Jed the Snapper fixer upper



I ain't had much time for the blogosphere lately I have been working on a couple of old riding mowers. I have acquired two nonworking SnapperĀ® rear engine lawn mowers in hopes of making one functional mower for my own personal use. It is another low-end Jed project using whatever I can scrounge up. I have found there are many fans of this type of mower and they have made very few changes to the design since the sixties.

I am going to carve up my James Brown pumpkin tomorrow night and I will have some photos soon...I hope. Meanwhile try and not make matters worse while looking down on Gay Street at the names on the ground near the drop box at the utility board.

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 10:23 PM

2 Comments:

My uncle Ted had an old snapper when he lived in Jersey. As a boy I remember him letting me drive it around the yard. (mower disengaged of course) It was the coolest thing with all the different gears to choose and the funny looking steering bar. It's only fitting; if Ted had a snapper that Jed should have a snapper.
Blogger Basegasket, at 4:27 PM  
I've got an old Roof Ranger that needs help! It's not a cute rider like the Snapper, but it's red (well, red and rust)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

Add a comment