Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Jed the rocketdog


I was reading my friend and coworker's blog while I was sitting at home the other day with a sick step-daughter. He wrote a bitter-sweet observation of watching his daughter grow into a woman in which he mentioned her choice of footwear and the changes they have taken since she was his little helper.

Among other things, his post reminded me of something my wife said about my casual shoes being plain and looking like old man shoes. I was starting to feel self conscious about my shoes and a few of those other things.

At great risk of looking like I am trying to don clothing younger than my age, I went to the Rocketdog website. In a mouse click I changed from old man tennis shoes to trendy urban hipster/skater punk footwear in a effort to not make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:23 PM

4 Comments:

OK I really don't know the answer to this... The shoes in the picture... are they your old tennis shoes or new rocketdogs?
Blogger Basegasket, at 8:37 PM  
Them thar is the new ones! Can't you see the dawg?

The appear in the vulcanized section of the aforementioned website they are burnished (which seems to mean worn looking). In jeans they call it distressed shoes seem to use the term burnished.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:56 PM  
dawg?? I thought it was a splotch of dawg poo!!

Do they have underwear that are distressed or burnished? I do!
Blogger Basegasket, at 6:10 AM  
Jed-
I have no idea what happened to CL. I'm just guessing he's dead because his posting stopped suddenly without explanation. He may be alive and well for all we know.

I was not a fan of him or his site, but I am curious of his fate all the same.

I guess we'll never know.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

Add a comment