Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blog Slacker


Hello blog world! I have been a busy man as of the past couple-three weeks. Time has slipped away from me and I have not found time, or should I say made time to write anything.

I owe you something for all the good wishes and prayers about my daughter, an update! I have had several emails asking how she is and I am very glad to report she is doing well with a good prognosis from her doctors. She is considered cancer free, but should keep her dermatologist on speed dial for the rest of her life. She will undergo another lengthy scan in a year to keep watch on her lymphatic systems. Also visual inspection of her skin about every three to six months by a doctor.

It was a bit of a funny story as to how I found she was cancer free. I had asked her on the Friday after her Tuesday scan if she had any news and she said no. Then I called her Monday she said, "no news." Then Tuesday, "no." Then Wednesday I called and she nonchalantly says, "yea, I am fine I don't have to go back for another year." I am feeling all happy and asked why she did not call right away later that Tuesday when she got her news and she replied, "Well, daddy you know I would have called if something was wrong." I got this sinking feeling she was all grown up now.

I suppose it is the same here, as I relay my journeys around the sun on a web log. You can bet your best goat my whiny ass would be typing here about the cruelty and unfairness of life had she received sour news.

This "Heuristic Journeyman/Prophet of the Obvious" sees that us humans are creatures that rarely tell good news as if it were a given like the days in the sun and life itself.

I guess I would not make matters worse if I were to profess the good news and suppress the bad, but it is contrary to my beast.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 11:23 AM

3 Comments:

Jed, Thanks for the update...glad your daughter is doing well.
Blogger red molly, at 9:14 AM  
very happy to hear this bit of news!
Blogger Joe Powell, at 1:47 PM  
The sinking feeling you refer to has engulfed my thoughts lately. My oldest is visiting college campuses...He's grown up... an adult. Holy cow!
Blogger Basegasket, at 7:09 PM  

Add a comment