Saturday, February 24, 2007

Post on Post Secret

Visit Post Secret with Jed on Sundays

I wanted to share an observation or two with you today. Since I claim myself a prophet of all things obvious I want to point out some obvious facts about blogging.

Journaling has always been a great way to relieve mind and emotional struggles. It has helped this writer to keep a blog for that reason. When I keep a diary I can look at the pages from past days and give myself some very honest advise on a current issue.
If you folks are like me you will take your own advise above all others every time. It is akin it to keeping old magazines with useful information, but most times you can never get back to that article(s), because it is in a heap with no useful reference page or card catalogue. Retrospective viewpoints are only useful if you can access them and this computer blog format is awesome for that.

In web logs one can get advice from friendships that are for the most part neutral, as it provides a way to creatively vent a boiling issue within a mind and have observers give input. Web diaries give a person a way to feel unique in this vast sea of souls. Seeing other folks thoughts and interest are as much a part of the therapy we all seek as we roam life. Connection, we all need it, but at the same time we want to stand apart as individuals, which in this obvious prophet vision the root of our human complexities.

Every Sunday morning one of the very first things I do is go to the most read blog without advertisements on the world wide web. I am sure most of you know of this place, but it never makes matters worse to reiterate a good thing.

On Sunday the new post cards are posted on Post Secret and I want to be there in that vast sea of souls.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:23 PM

2 Comments:

Wow, I bookmarked that one in an eyeblink! Thanks for the link! My daughter The Heir will love it.

And there's the perfect use for the 1000s of old postcards my grannie gave me before she died.

Now I gotta think up a secret.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 5:30 PM  
I so love Post Secret. I keep wanting to send one in. I have a blog buddy who is always after me to send things into them.
Blogger Rosie, at 7:31 PM  

Add a comment