Friday, February 02, 2007

Imbolc Day


This post is here to honor my Internet bud Anne J. at The Gods Are Bored who is a good teacher to me of things I had never bothered to ponder. I offer a poem to the Imbolc holiday we mostly know as Groundhogs Day around here. The poem is a gesture to Brigid a goddess known for poems among other things.

There is a reason Jed has not posted many poems here, because I ain't too good at it. She did ask for it, so here goes. Remember I am not trying to make matters worse by spewing poems...remember.

The sun fell away autumnal

So your forecast is worth

When your view is successful

Vernal sun of spring birth

Oh bone aches are dreadful

Small creature humble in Earth

Solaris cure this head full

Weather provide me my mirth

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:01 AM

3 Comments:

After a horrible long day I came home to this. Like a bouquet of red roses and a string of lollipops. Thank you so much. All brightness and light to you, Mountain Girl, and family!
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 5:27 PM  
verr nicely dun, sir!
Blogger buddydon, at 5:08 AM  
Great poem, Jed!
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 8:25 PM  

Add a comment