Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Jed and His Kin


I have good reason to be thankful. Count my blessings...feel Christmas.

As some of you may know this self proclaimed Prophet of the Obvious (a.k.a. Jed, Me) has been at a loss of faith. Not really a loss, perhaps more of a quest of faith, testing the boundaries of a relationship...a very personal relationship.

I covet the peace that passes understanding Saints seem to have. I am no Saint, I am no Prophet except when it comes to the things that are obvious, then I have a chance.

Today I felt the warmth of a blessing in the cold of my self absorbed quest. My daughter moves closer to my hearth and home. I think she wants to live with a man who loves her. I am glad she asked me to watch over her, it is so much better than running off with a lover boy at her age. A prophecy I can only observe. She needs me and I need her. I need her here to heal a wound of a horrible loss and she needs me to keep her from harm. I WILL honor this blessing with the giver's help.

In the book of Job he talks of a giving and taking away that just don't belong to us as humans. Today I understand this better and that can't make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 11:59 PM

5 Comments:

I really adore you and your writing.
Just wanted you to know.
Merry Christmas, Jed.
Blogger Newscoma, at 6:59 AM  
Jed, The world needs more fathers like you! Your daughter is very lucky to have such a great dad. I hope there is much comfort in both your heart and your daughter's as she moves to her new home.
Blogger red molly, at 8:09 AM  
You're a damn good man, Jed.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 5:46 PM  
Hey ! I saw you and the The Missus and some of them kids too -- and we were all out in public!

The holidays are indeed a time of magic. :)

Hoping for much of the best magic for you and all the Tennessee Jedi!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  
In Brazil the traditional Christmas fare is the piece of cod, which passeth all understanding.
Blogger the ink slinger, at 8:48 AM  

Add a comment