Monday, October 09, 2006

Pumpkin Time in Tennessee

Pumpkin pattern for the Astral Piper-Syd Barrett

You know I like to cut up a Jack-O-Lantern of people who have died in the past year (since last October 31st). I have always tried to make it someone who has touched my life most of the time it is an artist of some kind.

This year's plan is to do Syd Barrett who passed in July. He was the orgional Pink Floyd member that put the band in a mind-set to create all their chart breaking albums. Due to Syd's loss of sanity the band went on to produce "Wish You Were Here" and "Dark Side Of The Moon" which hung on the charts for decades. The soundings of Pink Floyd seem to touch music lovers of all types because the music has this dark brightness, bitter sweet, emotional draw that every human can feel without even meaning to.

I know everyone will ask who is that guy on your pumpkin this year because his face is not well known, but I will get to tell his story so that to me brings him back to life as the season's origins suggest. I think it will not make matters any worse to explain how everyone serves some duty as they fly around the sun.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 8:08 PM

9 Comments:

Awesome!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  
Good choice.
Blogger red molly, at 7:46 AM  
Looking good.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  
First time I ever heard "Wish You Were Here" I knew it was about mental illness. As for that pumpkin, Jed, are you sure you're not a Druid? The bored gods will be very pleased with you.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 4:33 PM  
Cathy thanks for visiting Jed.

Red you know I love the way you always support me!

bd I always like the first moment when I light it up because it looks like a real mess until I do.

Richard I have been reading up on your beloved, and I dig her.

Anne I always think of myself as an old school gnostic sort, but I don't got th' edumacation for it.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 6:37 PM  
Jeez.
You are one talented person. I usually make my pumpkins look like hacked up pumpkins
Blogger Newscoma, at 7:37 PM  
news, they look really ugly without light on the inside. When I am cutting them I always fear when I light them up they will look like crap.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:56 PM  
yeah a fine choice.

another suggetstion wuould be a flaming copy of the Constitution via the W. adminsradtion.

or even more frghtenig - Ann Coulter.
Blogger Joe Powell, at 8:11 PM  
oj, wait - AC is still alive though is a zombie .... heh hehe
Blogger Joe Powell, at 8:32 PM  

Add a comment