Saturday, September 16, 2006

Working too much!

Hello bloggin' friends. I have been missing the relief of doing this web log along with many other relaxing things as I have been covering the clock with work. I have been serving in my daily ten hour shift with public service then going to the fairgrounds and doing six or more hours for the past three weeks. Any day off from the city is a day of working at the Fair to the tune of twelve to sixteen more hours. I am here to tell you I am tired, very tired.

I was wrong to commit to this much work, but I am trying so hard to keep up with all the bills. I was told that the first ten days of fair work was hard setting up all the stuff and the next ten were fairly smooth during the the open days with some light repairs as needed and the last ten days were take down which is not as difficult as set-up. What has went on during the days while the fair is open has been hellish. The second day the fair was open the barn help suffered with car problems and they were all sharing one vehicle as they are from the same family living an hour away. The next day the barn manager laid out under the load of having to move tons of animal bedding and excrement. Then the next two days the barn manager tried to find some help and then quit. Now Jed and and three other guys are trying to keep up with about two hundred pins filled with sheep, goats and cows. Don't get me wrong their has been much help from the owners of said animals and intrest groups like 4-H,but without a manager this help is difficult to use properly.

The bummer for me is the first day the barn manager was out Sunday (9-10-2006) my leg was clamped between a steel rail and a golf cart while I was trying to dampen the show barn wood shavings to keep the dust down. I have weird symptoms from this injury and I think I may have a tiny fracture along with some vien-artery and/or nerve damage. The spot where the impact and clamping happened is mildly sore and damaged, but the ankle and foot have blue patches along with some weird numbness. So the Fair has not been all that fair to me.

I guess that catches me up for now.

I wish I had more time because I have much to say which can't make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 1:11 AM

5 Comments:

Jed blue patches aren't good unless it's only bruising. If you've got numbness or tingling or a cold feeling then go and seek a medical opinion. It might not be anything but you really don't need to make matters worse by ignoring it.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  
You take care of yourself Jed.
Jeezus. You sound like you've been through hell.
Blogger Newscoma, at 5:41 PM  
Thanks gang for the well wishin', but if I can move all the parts and they seem as strong as before except more painful then I figure it will be ok. Now if my brain told it to move and it didn't then it might be time to see the doc.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:20 PM  
No decent human being should have to work as hard as you do, Jed. This country was supposed to be about a fair wage for a fair day's work. Doesn't seem to me your situation is fair at all. (Mine ain't great either, I was laid off in 2004 and never have gotten my earnings back up where they were.)

I hope when the fair leaves town you'll be able to rest and rehab.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 4:18 PM  
Grateful forr sharing this
Anonymous Independence Security System, at 9:56 PM  

Add a comment