Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jed is alive and well

I have been at home today recovering from all this work. I finished up with the Tennessee Valley Fair Thursday night and I only had my ten hour shift with the City on Friday until I could have a day off. Then my half-sister's hubby (my half-brother-in-law) calls with a floor tile project he wants me to help with on Saturday.

So I come home Saturday night raw in body and mind and went to bed. After a fourteen hour nap life seems a bit better.


I am excited about a new toy I ordered with about twelve percent of my Fair money today. A few post back I told about washing my smartphone and making it very dumb. I have ordered a Nokia N80 super duper 3 megapixel camera phone/PDA/WiFi pocket pc/mp3 player from Nigeria of all places. This phone is this years winner of several industry awards and retails for about $700.00 without being locked to a specific network. I found it for $230.00 from an outfit in Lagos, Nigeria. Man I hope they do not rip me off it is scary to wire money so far away and hope they do the right thing. If all goes well I will be posting more Jedited photos soon.

I try not to make matters worse by not trusting folks.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 7:52 PM

8 Comments:

Jed, you sent $230 to Nigeria? Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM  
I hope for the best too!

Thanks Richard!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:12 AM  
Some months ago you were begging for money to save your home.
Now you are buying a new mobile phone.
Are you going to pay back the people who helped you and donated money you obviously didn't need?
I
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  
Anon, good thinking. I do need to repay when I can, send me an email and I will send your money back.

I was not able to save the home. I still do not have much, but I had hoped to get a good deal on a phone/camera...looks like the Nigerian phone man has screwed me on it though.

My other phone was disabled when Cingular was closing its old AT&T accounts it had a little camera which I used daily...I guess I do not deserve that pleasure.

Now the want to have some way to carry a camera to keep my day/journal has put a cloud on me.

To anyone who helped me please send me a way to repay you.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 9:10 PM  
Jed, I think you are a good guy.
Please forgive my lack of understanding.
I don't want my donation back. Have a good life my friend.

.xxx.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  
Anon, I thank you for the focus. I will help you if I can.

Can I work on a bitmap for you? Just ask...If I can I will.

I sometimes think of a good human as one who is bold enough to ask for what one needs and yet humble enugh to accept what one gets. I am working on being good at the last half of that saying.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 10:34 PM  
Jed,I think you are a good guy.
Look after your family and be happy.
Bye for now.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  
I loved going to the fair when I lived in Knoxville. Take some photos please!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 AM  

Add a comment