Saturday, August 05, 2006

Artist within

I wanted to write today about my artist child Castle. She is quite a renaissance girl for only having ten years on her head. She is always on a quest to understand herself by expression in the arts. I worry about her more than the others because of her sensitive nature with the twisted passion of an artist. She was over a couple of weekends ago and typed in a little story on notepad which she didn't have time to finish, but I am going to post it anyway. Also I want to post photos of her first place award winning turtle sculpture which she left with me. She always says she is never finished with a project and that screams to this father that she has the heart of an artist.






I bet it would not make matters worse to give you the story as she left it that day:



--Cassidy and the Dragon--

CHAPTER 1

Once upon a time there was a young girl named Cassidy. She lived with her mother and her grandfather. But she never got to see him because he would always stay in his study. For he was the only one who let Cassidy step outside her bedroom door. Her mother how ever, was too worried about her only daughter to understand that her only child needed adventure. Her mother always told her that she could never go into the outside world "It's to dangerous" she scolded.

Her mother wanted to keep her inside because she was very protective of her child. It was unfair.
She lived in Castleshire, England. It's a very exotic place. Her dad lived in Cutlandborogh, fifteen
miles down from Castleshire. Cassidy never got to see him because her mother never allowed it.
She hated that because her father was a very adventures guy. Her father despised the way her mother raised her. Cassidy loved both her parents equally. "I wonder if they'll fight like this forever." she whispered.

Cassidy's mother always told her that the world is a very evil place. Cassidy didn't think that. She thought that the world was a very beautiful place. Filled with animals, bugs, and people. Cassidy asked her mother one day if she could go to the woods. "Certainly not!" her mother yelled. Cassidy and her mother argued till the day was dark. Finally they stopped. Cassidy ran up to her room and cried. As she was sobbing. She saw a light out her window. The woods was outside her window. So she started to walk up to her window when the light stopped. Her face was puzzled. She wanted to know what was happening. So she opened her window. She decided to pack her bags and head out. Cassidy escaped from her room. climbed down the roof, Jumped over the bushes, and tiptoed across her mother's bedroom window.

She got across and went straight into the woods. As she walked into the woods she saw an even brighter light. She went even farther into the woods. Then she was right next to light. She saw what it was. It was a tiny creature. It looked like a little person with wings. She had bright yellow eyes with big black pupils.Her clothes were made out of tiny leaves and purple rose petals. Her hair was a dark brown with a flower headband.

"Who-who are you?" Cassidy stuttered "What are you?" "I'm Raina" she said. After Cassidy was done telling Raina why she was there. She was shocked by the thing behind Raina. She was shocked. There was a huge flower. It was making a bright light. She asked Raina what it was.

"It's a Phosphorelli Plant." she said "What?!" Cassidy said "It makes fairies." "Watch!" Raina exclaimed. As Cassidy watched the fairies magically appear, Raina started humming out a tune. "Why are you doing that?" Cassidy said.

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 8:08 PM

10 Comments:

Beautiful daughter, beautiful story...terrific dad for posting it.
Blogger red molly, at 7:44 AM  
SHE'S TEN AND SHE WROTE THAT!!!!!
She need a job at a newspaper? Let me retract that because it would just break her spirit and there is a lot of spirit in your little girl's words.
Jed, amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Blogger Newscoma, at 8:48 AM  
Heh, heh, great stuff. I grew up in Castleshire..:), nice one there. Encourage that.
Blogger krusty the baker, at 5:02 PM  
Being ten is the secret. If you can plug in to being ten every time you do something creative you've got it cracked. Nice.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  
You folks are so kind.

bd, I hope she finds more success than this artist does/did.

Red, I wish I was half the father you thought I was.

Newsie, I always find it funny/odd how vocation burns us all out no matter how much fire we have to start with.

Krusty, she asked me while she worked on this story if I knew any cities in England and I said just make some up they either end in shire or borogh.

Richard, I am going to add that to my soundtrack of the "Prophet of the Obvious" sayings.

Thanks all for checking in with Jed!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 11:04 AM  
Hey Hey Hey! I guess you know what I'm going to say about this piece of work!!!!! AaAAAAAA! Wow! Is she allergic to cats? Because I here and now offer to adopt her.

Truly quite a great piece of work for someone so young. And if it's not finished, I for one am quite satisfied with what's already there! Saved by faeries! Brought to the light!

Did I say this lovely girl will always be welcome in my humble home?
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 3:09 PM  
Anne, I knew you would dig the story the most. She is good with cats...do I have to pay child support?
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 3:51 PM  
Cat support will be sufficient.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 3:52 PM  
SHE IS OBVIOUSLY EXTREMLY TALENTED. You should be very proud! Keep encouraging her to develop her talent!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 11:08 PM  
Wow, I just found this.
I wish she would've finished that.

Maybe she will someday:)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Add a comment