Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Beyond Precision


So the other day I was cutting some bricks for Gay Street repairs and the brick mason who was laying them said I had cut a few too large by an 1/8 inch. I said, "It was like a Buick...beyond precision". He did not get the humor that I see in the Buick ad and catch phrase. I mean if something is beyond something it is off the target, right? If the target for precision is precise then anything less or more, above or below or anything other than precision is wrong...right?

This kinda stuff always makes me think about the Government and how their service to us is perhaps a catchy phrase too. Can you guess how a person running for office would be shredded to bits by a statement that he was going to serve beyond precision.

I am glad that these matters are not mine to ponder for a living because I fear I would make it worse. I just cut bricks for a living, some days beyond precision.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 6:04 PM

3 Comments:

I'm with you on that Jed. Remind me never to buy a Buick.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  
Nice post. Jeez, you've been through the mill; much respect for keeping a sense of humour. Ha ha for taking a bit of inspiration from Job. Those OT tales are ace.
Blogger krusty the baker, at 3:21 PM  
TJ - Delighted to see you back with your sense of humor intact!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 12:54 AM  

Add a comment