Sunday, April 02, 2006

Yea...what he said!


"We're not going to win the war on terror
unless we start making more friends
and fewer enemies in the world"

I like Wes Clark! This article got me to thinking about him. I was hopeful back in the last election that he would be the Democratic choice. I am not a democrat really, but if he makes the big race I will most likely vote for him. Since I have been able to vote I have always cast my vote at the strongest independent running in the big race except the last time when I did not want my vote to fail to get "W" ousted. It still did not help as you know.

My main reason for supporting Clark is the fact that the primary job of the President is to Chief the Armed Forces. I gather that Generals have made decent presidents in the past and I think with Forces on the ground in Iraq he would make a good leader to untangle this mess. Who knows better about the hell of war than a man who has made the call directly about which troops he will place in harms way. I truly think a vote for him would not make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 8:34 AM

4 Comments:

I dig the general as well.
Blogger Newscoma, at 11:30 AM  
yeah, he's groovy. Good Call.
Blogger Julie, at 7:36 AM  
I dig Wes too.
Blogger Newscoma, at 9:19 PM  
Ike was not half bad, George Washington was pretty cool, Wes might do well also.. i'll vote for him over Hilary any day!
Blogger chico-towner, at 5:57 PM  

Add a comment