Monday, April 24, 2006

Uneasy Jed

William Bromley
The Decider

Some things just make me feel uncomfortable. Now don't get me wrong here I am "the Crass-man" as my wife accuses, even though I tell her to call me Frank for short. Anyway, things that I have been involved with and have been witness to have been leaving me feeling very uneasy. Most things are just a little disturbing like seeing a pregnant woman walking out of a liquor store or my step daughter talking about president Bush as "the Decider" in the same way as one might say "the Gipper" or "Tricky Dick".

This Iran thing also makes me feel as if the fit is going to hit the shan soon, but I don't worry too much about things that don't chap my pooper directly.

Other things that are closer to me are much more unsettling like my family strife, I am always being told by the females in my life (and believe you me the number is many with three daughters, a wife and an ex-wife) that I don't back them up or support them. Heck I am just trying to make it another day, and I am still here every day.

My self proclaimed Prophet of the Obvious view point also is starting to burr my fur when I think of the way things are going in my bank account with the cost of things here far exceeding the amount that trickles in. Further in my disturbed observations I see No Child left Behind just slowing all the children for the few to catch up and now they are all behind and as if it were a mirror of the New World Economy dragging our world down to the level that all of us are becoming Guest Workers in our own land. I ponder how people educated in the best schools with great care have allowed themselves to fall prey to all the greed the collective human examples have shown them in the halls of history. I am glad the load is not mine to carry in the sheepskin bag they own.

I just want to shut my mouth and not make matters worse, but I can't in my Frankness, Crass-ity and Obvious Observer ways.

There will come another revolution...Y'all pray!
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:12 PM

7 Comments:

Hey Jed.
No worries. With that many women in your life, it's amazing your upright, and I'm one of the opposite sex myself.
My bank account hates me. The bank hates me and the kiddies in my life were in TCAP's last week which I believe is testing for the teachers instead of the chilrun.
You are definately not making it worse. Sometimes things just hit a damn plateau. Sort of that way over here in the west.
Blogger Newscoma, at 7:28 PM  
Hey Jed,

Drop by the AG blog when you get a chance. Buddy Don has nominated you to design a flag for the Appalachia. Anne Johnson and I have seconded the motion, if you're interested.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 5:04 PM  
No Child Left Behind? Not where I live. The school administrators in the Murder Capital fixed the scores! Their kids came out right on top! And imagine. Most of them speak English only at school!

My poor husband has me and two daughters, and two female cats, and a female parrot that screams and bites. I just go to the liquor store for him, damn the price.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 5:06 PM  
Amen to that sister! Be fair, however, to the school administrators. They no longer have control of their schools. The only one's in charge are the superintendents and the LAWYERS.
Blogger Mountain Girl, at 10:47 PM  
Jed your flag surely does rock.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 6:33 PM  
I thought the policy was called No Money Left Behind ....

I pity those who must endure public education these days.
Blogger Joe Powell, at 6:25 PM  
Jed, just remember, when the revolution comes, I'm the official operator of the guillotine!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 2:34 PM  

Add a comment