Monday, March 20, 2006

Zorb Idea

These balls are called Zorbs and in New Zeland they have courses where you can buy weekend packages like Snow Skiing where you roll down hills in these units. Some are very large and you can strap yourself in or do the free falling thing inside them. I have a dream to take one out on a river rapids trip or build a course where you roll down a hill like the one pictured into a rushing river and down a waterfall for the final rush. All I need now is the financial backing...any rich readers out there interested comment here. Heck even if you are not rich comment anyway it can't make matters any worse.

:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 2:34 PM

9 Comments:

Now this looks fun. I figured I would puke, but I've done that before.
Blogger Newscoma, at 1:32 PM  
OMG!!!!

Can we get one of those for Durmacide??!!!
Blogger The Editor, at 4:19 PM  
Looks like one of those balls they put hamsters in. I'd need to be stoned on Dramamine to use that sucker.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 2:12 PM  
We saw one of those last year on holiday. They strap you in and off you go.... whirly whirly down the hill! NO THANK YOU! Maybe once upon a time but at 45 I think I'm maybe just a little too old for that kind of silliness. ~Sharon J
Blogger Sharon J, at 7:49 PM  
I'll do it. Must be easier than scuba diving.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  
Zorb is such a fun word.

Shizzle Zorb.
Blogger Joe Powell, at 4:10 PM  
Jed -

You might be on to something. Get a bunch of folks in on it, get yourself a Zorb and start selling rides at events like Boomsday, Bonaroo, TVA fair!

You should see how much one costs!

Zorb USA

9400 Big View Drive
Suite 201
Austin
Texas 78730
...
phone: 512.342.9221
fax: 316.223.9666
...
e-mail: usa@zorb.com
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 AM  
I rode in a zorb ball recently and it was awesome. It truly is a different experience. I almost threw up afterwards though because i was already feeling sick before the ride. Anyways i did a little investigation to see if I could buy one for myself. Turns out there is a website that sells these zorb balls (but they call them Zorbanauts) for about $3000. Website is www.zorbasales.com . I've been in touch with the company and they seem pretty legit. I may have one myself soon!!!! Hope this helps.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 AM  
IF YOU LIVE IN THE EASTERN U.S.
THERE IS A COMPANY CALL ZORBNEWENGLAND THAT HAS DOZENS OF VENUES WHERE YOU CAN DO A WHOLE BUNCH OF GAMES ALL OVER THE PLACE.
THE HAVE MAZES, HYDROSHPERING, HYPERSHPERING, BOWLING, POOL, WATER DIVING, AND ALL KINDS OF COOL STUFF. PLUS, I ONLY PAID $5.00 FOR THE AWESOME RIDE AND $10.00 TO PLAY GLADIATOR BALL!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

Add a comment