Thursday, March 02, 2006

News Lame


I am going to quit reading the news...

"This bill will allow our law enforcement officials to continue to use the same tools against terrorists that are already used against drug dealers and other criminals, while safeguarding the civil liberties of the American people," Bush said in a statement (safely) from India.
I am just too simple of a man to understand. There are too many things to understand.

I want to suggest that in the next election we all vote to remove any one who is in office now. No incumbents, the whole damn batch has soured.

This is the first time in my life that the Vice President has had no goals to run for another office. Lame Duck and Lame Dick.

Please consider the idea to vote out all incumbents this November, I really don't think it would make matters any worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 10:10 PM

4 Comments:

Jed,

I would suggest that only simple people like you and me can truly understand the situation in the United States, today.

I wish we had had more people representing our kind in our government. Or maybe I should say; I wish you and me were on Capitol Hill. At least the two of us understand what it's really like to live day to day in this country.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 8:37 PM  
This is the first time in my life that the Vice President has had no goals to run for another office.
So you're whining about a guy who isn't going to continue to be a lifelong politician? After you've just been bitching about voting out those who are? Hmm, makes sense.
Or were you just throwing that thought out there so you could make what you undoubtedly consider a "clever" play on words?

Chad said: Or maybe I should say; I wish you and me were on Capitol Hill.
Yeah, great idea. Then, instead of having conniving hypocrites in Washington, we'd have moronic ones.
"Hey, people, vote Green 'cause we care about the envir-o-mint! Now where in tarnation is mah' gas can?? I gots' ta' fill up mah' 4-wheeler so's I kin go ridin' on other people's trails n' such!"
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  
Hey Now Anon, I suppose I was plotting along the line that George and Dick really do not care to impress well on the common folks since they are not planning a re-election. My intent with incumbents is the idea (or perhaps a feeling) that they may have learned from a culture of corruption that needs to stop, new blood if you will.

I hope you are doing well in this booming economy and if you are then I understand your hyper support of Richard Cheney. If you think I am anti-republican you are wrong. I really respect the republican party of yesteryear. Sometimes I wonder if they may look better in the history books than the working class present tence.

I am much too common and poor to really talk politics. I do know my Texas oil pusher is calling me an addict to his product. I also think Ralph Nader would have made a better president than W has...but we will never know.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 9:41 PM  
TJ - my six year old granddaughter would have been a better president for chrissakes! I am pretty sure we DO know!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 10:58 PM  

Add a comment