Friday, March 10, 2006

IRS


I called the IRS to see what is up with our refund. I did speak to a real human but she did not speak English very well. It was as if I called tech support for my software.

I guess I expected to speak with someone who lives here or is in our country not India or China. I don't know why I expected to speak to an American. I have not spoke to anyone in big business who was here in the States in the past three years.

Perhaps I am bitter and I could be wrong, either way I have made matters worse by calling and thinking. I really should know by this point in my life to never assume that I can deal with our Government in any way.

I got my mind right here boss. Shutting up my mouth here boss.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 9:09 PM

5 Comments:

Jed, you are bitter but you're not wrong. Have you locked the firearms away?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 AM  
Foreigners working for the IRS? That's like foreigners guarding our ports. It's so comforting to know that people in other countries have access to our social security numbers.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 3:16 PM  
Richard, I can't afford ammo even if it is made in China.

Anne, I think Social Security is a conflicting term now-a-daze. I also get the feeling that this worker was not a foreigner to the place she was sitting in. I am guessing the call center was in one of thoes cities in India that changes names every few months.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 4:10 PM  
"I guess I expected to speak with someone who lives here or is in our country not India or China."

So it's not just the UK that uses Indian call centres? I've taken to refusing to deal with businesses that can't keep their call centres in this country, but if it's the tax man, well... he could get a little irate if I refused, I suppose.

~Sharon J
Blogger Sharon J, at 7:52 PM  
How did you speak to a live person? I have called repeatedly and all I get is automated options. I have a sizeable refund coming and I filed my taxes the first week of March!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Add a comment