Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cola Buzz


We had a really good soft drinkin' evening. I put them on ice in a sauce pan with some salt to super cool them. We found a cola that is a restart of an old product that was dwarfed by Coca-Cola way back when. The product is made with pure cane sugar not the dextrose stuff we normally see. It seems there was a big bottler of this product right here in Knoxville. -see photo below-

It was the only cola endorsed by the Babe too. -see photo below-


We watched the Nick Cage movie "Weatherman" and drank our soda which made my heart yearn for my father. The movie made me wonder if my adult life would have been better if he had not died when I was 24. He would have sure been welcome to help me plot a course into fatherhood, marriage, divorce and the other crap that has went down over the years.

On a happy note I have moved up a notch on the City of Knoxville food chain with about a 15% bump in pay. I may not be the best man for this lead job, but I took the test and passed. There are craftsmen who know their jobs far better than Jed does and they will be looking to me for input. Wish me well y'all.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 11:59 PM

7 Comments:

Congrats on moving up with your job! I haven't seen Weatherman yet but it is on my list. I did watch Elizabethtown last night which I like very much and I actually thought of Tennessee Jed while watching it. If you have seen it then you know what I am talking about.
Blogger red molly, at 4:49 PM  
Where did you get the cola, Jed? I wonder stores will sell it up here. If it's good enough for the Babe, it's good enough for me (I'm gettin' to look more like him everyday at least around the waist).

Congratulations on your pay raise.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 6:15 PM  
Wlecome to the world of middle management! Take it from me, it's certainly not WHAT YOU KNOW, it's knowing who to ask. You will be great!
Blogger Kelvis, at 6:39 PM  
CONGRATULATIONS! When in doubt, you'll figure it out.

Now can I go on a rant here?

I'm a geezer, and I was around when Coca-Cola introduced Tab. It was the first diet cola drink. And so full of caffeine that one sip and you were hooked for life.

Now I haunt the grocery store, waiting for the rare shipment of Tab. When it comes I buy 3 or 4 of those 12-packs. The stuff tastes like Mr. Clean, but I swear it's a major jones.

Today my daughters came out of the pharmacy all grins, because I had joked to get me a Tab if they saw one. So they gave me this new little pink can that said "Tab Energy."

Wow! I figured this was some new Tab with even more caffeine!

So the kids were eager to try it first, and they both made terrible faces (they do that with Tab). So that was no tip-off. But when I tasted it ... oh, what can I say!

It was not Tab. It didn't taste like Tab, it didn't look like Tab, it was so horrible that it puckered my cheeks! I poured it out the window, and it was PINK.

Now I'm worried that they'll stop making real Tab in favor of this puke-inducing impostor!

The point of this comment is to tell you to treasure that Red Rock Cola, because you never know when it's going to turn pink on you and ruin your day.
Blogger Anne Johnson, at 7:02 PM  
Congratulations on your elevation, I'm not sure about the cola although I'm not sure about any cola as I can feel my teeth dissolve whenever I drink it. Over here, Red Rock was a bottled cider advertised by Leslie Nielsen in his Frank Drebin persona. I don't know if it's still available so it's fair to assume the ads were more memorable than the drink.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 AM  
They know the man for the job!
Good for you! Wahoo!
Blogger Julie, at 12:54 PM  
Great News, Jed. Yippee.
Blogger Newscoma, at 5:55 PM  

Add a comment