Sunday, January 29, 2006

BioPay, what the hey!

This is a Rembrandt self portrait done by an artist
on a fingerprint card with fingerprint ink (click on it for larger view)

I saw that some of our local stores are offering BioPay™ which is a unit where your bank account is accessed by your fingerprint. This scares me because I would rather have my ATM card stolen than my right index finger. Could it be that the mark of the beast is already installed on the tips of our fingers? Why do I fear this change? I have always embraced new technology, but I am thinking this will make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 9:49 AM

3 Comments:

LOL - never thought of it that way, but good point!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 2:19 PM  
Okay, now I'm seriously creeped out. I chew my nails, would that make a difference.
Too many questions about BioPay, must have beer.
Blogger Newscoma, at 5:01 PM  
I'm not anti-technology either, but this doesn't sound good. Your point about the ATM card versus the finger is noted. Is that next, people stealing other people's fingers to get into their bank accounts?

In West Virginia, they coax us into putting our finger prints on file when we get our driver's licences. They say it is for our own security purposes, but nobody buys that. Security for the state, maybe. Not to sound like some militia gun-nut or something, but sometimes I feel I'm on the borderline.
Blogger Elvis Drinkmo, at 12:49 PM  

Add a comment