Sunday, December 04, 2005

You Better Dodge


This is my new $500.00 truck. I unwrinkled the front end and removed the stock bumper because I could do nothing with the way it was twisted. I glued the plastic parts and installed new headlamps, repaired their mounting brackets and painted the plastic with some stove paint. I procured a piece of ΒΌ inch thick by 5 inch steel angle stock and placed it as a bump bar. The steel is so solid if you see me skidding up behind you in this truck the best thing to do is dodge. This would open a car up like a can of tuna. I think the name plate has a double meaning as a noun and a verb.


I am trying to do the best thing I can with what I have to work with; not trying to make matters worse.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:12 PM

5 Comments:

Good luck with your new truck. I bought my son a $400 Volvo last year and it still runs (somewhat). He says he is going to sell it for $500. I guess that is a decent return on my money.
Blogger red molly, at 2:06 PM  
LOVE THE TRUCK!

There is nothing beter for a man's soul than a truck for less than $1000 and a dog.

Congrats!
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 9:14 PM  
Thanks for coming by the Jed Zone!

It is nice not to have payments and riding the bus ain't that much fun either.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 10:13 PM  
Yes, that is good news...
now that you have that truck,, you need a dog to go w/ it...
Blogger Julie, at 2:16 PM  
I failed to mention you did some impresive work! dannngg!!
I would dodge that, indeed, but so glad that is running for ya bud.
Again, I think a little dog would be great on the dash! I have one that would fit perfect!!
Blogger Julie, at 11:39 PM  

Add a comment