Saturday, December 10, 2005

Careful with your words Mr. President


If this story is true our President is treading on the dangerous ground of treason.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the (Patriot) act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

I hope he and his remember that money is just paper too. Ignoring what it means is what makes matters worse.

Special thanks to: Not in My Bible for the link and Juliepatchouli for the image.

5 Comments:

I'd give my -no joke- left nut to see that cover real...
...and don't give me any of that "careful what you wish for shit". It would be worth every wrinkle.
I read about the "it's just a piece f paper" comment today and it made my blood boil!!!!
Jimaneye, there is always prosthethics but I don't think anyone will ask for body parts from us who have lost so much to this Bush empire.

GWB, always glad to see you come visit and my blood boils too.

I am not sure how credible this story is, I understand that Washington Blue is a bit tabloidesque.
Btw, we don't threaten the puppy w/ puttin him in the crate anymore by saying 'crate', we say 'guatanamo bay' to him when he gets really bad.

Add a comment