Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day


I, _________ , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It takes a few seconds for a person to sign in with the armed forces with a statement like above. Some lose life and limb living up to this one sentence. All who sign take the risk on Americans behalf.

Thank you!
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:55 AM

2 Comments:

Thank you, Jed, for this Veterans Day post. And I too thank those who 'take the risk on Americans behalf'.
Blogger red molly, at 7:23 AM  
Very nicely done Jed, as always.
Blogger Julie, at 8:40 AM  

Add a comment