Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tune Tuesday

This Tuesday ain't tacky. This is a newly descovered Bob Marley tune recorded in 1979 in a bedroom in Miami and Eric Clapton adds his style to it. It is a good video too.

Bob Marley was sick of "Slogans" like Axis of Evil way back in 1979.

So you know we can't take these slogans no more,
can't take yah slogans no more,
can't take these slogans no more,
oh no sweet talk from a culprit,
no more sweet talk from the pulpit.
oh no sweet talk from a grime pit,
no more sweet talk from the hypocrites

Bob Marley rarely made matters worse (my slogan).


:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:02 AM

6 Comments:

OH, excellent choice, thank you,, I love me some Bob M.
When I went to jamaica, I felt like crap b/c the poverty was so terrible, I guess the only way you feel better is you tell yourself you are bringing some money there, but that is just some penance.
On the beach each day some reggae players would come up and play for tips and some idiot drunk tourists would just go up and get them to play 'buffalo soldiers' and sing and it was so embarassing to me. I would always go up and just give them money and say 'i'm sorry, we aren't all like this'.

Good Choice.
He scared a lot of people. Peace always does, never figured out why. I guess that's why they tried to kill him. They always have to kill the peace people.
Blogger Julie, at 12:19 AM  
Correction, they like the kill the people that EMPOWER all the peace stuff....
Blogger Julie, at 12:22 AM  
Yea Christ was like that too. Thanks for the visit Julie!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 8:57 PM  
Bob Marley's words will never die. My favorite "I ain't no prophet, wanna cure no damn disease" Best sung by SUBLIME another legend that died before its time. Keep up the good work.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 AM  
Loved the blog.. made me have to go drag out my whole Marley collection.
Now that's erie mon..
Blogger sandegaye, at 9:04 AM  
That was a great choice, and you are right, Bob seldom made matters worse!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 8:43 PM  

Add a comment