Monday, November 21, 2005

Family Tumbleweed


I had a good visit from my half-brother last Sunday whom I have not seen in fourteen years. It was very nice to feel family ties once more as I have been feeling like a orphan after my parents deaths. I have two half-brothers from my fathers first marriage and a half-sister from my mothers first marriage. My family tree is more like a tumbleweed or a very split tree at best.

My brother and I are very similar and have had our head strong struggles with each other. I am guessing that he felt slighted that I got to spend more time with our father than he did, and I know I felt threatened by his visits growing up. I think we have grown past the competition we felt so helpless to control in our family life.

It is nice to see we are growing even more alike in our middle ages. He is a good man and I am proud to call him my brother. My wife seems to think we look similar to one another.


It can't make matters worse to have family wherever they are.

I have included a photo of my wife and I on the same happy night.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 5:35 AM

6 Comments:

You really do favor each other.
That's a lovely picture of you and your sweet lady!
Glad you had a wonderful evening of family merriment.
Blogger Julie, at 5:07 PM  
Nice looking family...beautiful wife, handsome brother. BTW you and your bother do look alike. Glad you had some good times with family.
Blogger red molly, at 6:31 PM  
I concur. You and your brother do favor each other.

And you and Mountain girl are certainly a handsome couple!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 8:50 PM  
You two look so much alike! Yup! It's kinda scary...
Blogger The Editor, at 8:50 AM  
Yep, y'all are looking a bit alike, ol' Friend. I don't remember that from seeing your bro in the past. Sounds like it's been a good season for family reunions - glad to hear it!!!

- Smiley (masquerading as Monsier Nemo)
Blogger earlnemo, at 4:36 PM  
Too right you're similar looking, although I think you have the edge in the good looks department (sorry, but there's a shallow side to us all). Happy new year. ~Sharon
Blogger Sharon J, at 10:44 PM  

Add a comment