Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dang Grapes


I was feeling so very low. Things like having the trusty 1992 Ford Bronco break down hard and all the other money problems really had me low. Riding the bus here is kind of seedy, as this is the SOUTH and if you don't have a ride then you ain't much of a person. I feel as if I am not a good/real man now that it takes much more than I can make just to snorkle above poverty. Riding the bus is sort of like a short term jail stay in Knoxville.

I feel better now after my wife gave me some moscato a (fragrant, light-bodied dessert wine. Moscato is the Italian name for Muscat grape). The flavor reminds me of a native grape from these parts, the muscadine or scuppernong (nobody here ever called it scuppernog!). It is all pit and only faintly sweet, the rest is bitter skin. Sort of reminds me of me. The muscadine makes a very sweet kool-aid flavored wine though. Which also reminds me of me, as I can be very sweet too. In times of drought the grape skin gets thicker and the pit consumes the sweet matter. Dang, now I understand the relationship of sour grapes to interpersonal relationships. It has been a long drought.

I bet the rest of you already knew this fact, so bare with me as I flow to understanding, like wine from the bottle.
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 8:08 PM

2 Comments:

Jed, That is an awesome post. Your talent is exceptional.
Blogger red molly, at 9:33 PM  
you are something of poet jed
Blogger Julie, at 12:14 AM  

Add a comment