Wednesday, September 14, 2005

New Shoes


This shows you how simple I am. I started my new job in Facility Services for the City of Knoxville. They will give me two pairs of shank and toe boots per year, work pants to wear, city publc services printed tee shirts, two embroidered jackets and collar work shirts(and clean them for me). That rocks!

I am the type of person enjoys working outside with my hands. I can't deny who I seem to be. If I like to dig holes, cut wood, run a back hoe, weld steel, paint, construct and enjoy the challenge of fixing an air conditioner or toilet, then it is not really a loss that no one values me monetarily. I value me, and I have new boots!

I have done nothing to make matters worse today, and that feels good!
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 12:01 AM

6 Comments:

I hope you love your new job and that it gives you all you want. You know a lot of people go from there to KUB if that is something you might want to do!! (my ex told me they hire a lot of people there from the city)let me know if you are interested and I'll call the old ex man, but the city is great job as well. I hope I don't sound like an ass, I'm trying not too.
Blogger Julie, at 12:32 AM  
Thanks Julie, well wishes are never asinine in my book. Thanks so much!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 5:53 AM  
I would love to have a uniform to wear to work. I think it would save me a lot of time getting ready for work.

Last year when my daughter got her job with the local utility company she was issued two pair of safety boots and she had a heck of a time finding her size. She's a small slender woman and there wasn't that many work boots available in here size. After a couple months on the job she finally found her size. She looks so grown up when she's dressed for work in her steel toe shoes and hard hat. I guess she looks like one of the guys except smaller.

Good luck with your new job!
Blogger red molly, at 7:44 AM  
I hope it's going swimmingly well!!
That house is actually in North Hills! They built it in the late 30's - on kenilworth lane.
Blogger Julie, at 8:33 PM  
THat picture was taken in a house on WHITE AVENUE says my mom!! how cool is that?
Blogger Julie, at 9:47 PM  
Nice boots..hope the job works out well!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 7:57 PM  

Add a comment