Friday, August 19, 2005

Troubleshoot Jed's gutter

When I drive (see Drive Satan drive) twelve or more hours (alone) I like to listen to talk radio, news, Christian, NPR, and political. When I want to stay awake I listen to Rush Limbaugh as I have found he gets my heart rate up and sleep is impossible.

I always thought Rush was a staunch Conservative. I fear I am wrong. I fear I am right too.

I think I should hear Rush's viewpoints since some of my more conservative friends are always talking of his wonderful mind. After a few weeks of hearing Mr. Limbaugh, I have decided he is a satirical-fascist. I hear an errant Christian tone used for controlling the masses. His radio persona is much too selfish and
condescending to have ever known the love of Jesus. I want to clarify that I have no right to judge any soul for any reason, and I regret feeling this way about him. His statements should be regarded as satire/humor, but I think too many are seeing his view as a serious political teaching...and that worries me. He does have a keen mind though.

I always fancy myself a Centrist, sinking to the Libertarian, while leaning a little left, with the Bible over my heart (as if it matters for Jed who is not educated enough to have any politics, income or voting power).


Which brings me to this: I want to ask you readers about your income. People who hold great understanding of our country and it's accounting are saying the times are great for America's money flow. I do not know economics very well, but I know something is wrong. I do not know meteorology all that well either, but I can tell if it is raining or not.

I want to know if you have seen a rise in your pay in the past five years that equals the rise in cost of things like housing, medical, transportation and food. I also beg your views on the possibility of a trickle down from this good economy we are in now.

I am standing directly under the downspout, the weatherman says it is raining cats and dogs...but alas I am dry. Is Jed's gutter clogged?
:: posted by Tennessee Jed, 7:30 PM

6 Comments:

Great PHOTO of the rain gutter. Love it! I think I have been by your home that is shown below. I live in Knoxville. It is great to read a Christian's standpoint.
Blogger Unknown, at 9:33 PM  
Jed -
Spoke to a fellow who works as he can and stitches lots of jobs together to make ends meet. Reminds me of those old Depression era stories. The only employees I know who get the constant raises and insurance increases work for some level of state/fed government. I don't have the temprament to try that route -- i don't think, though if the right job came along ....
It crushes me to think you may be at risk for losing your beautiful home -- then again, i too worry each month just to make my pitiful rent, and yet, miracles seem to happen.
I wish I had some sound financial advice, but I don't. I make less today than when i first joined the job market way back in the 1970s.
As for Mr Limbaugh -- the satire left his fascist and racist views long ago and he spews hate like a busted downspot spews water.
Soon as I can afford gas money again, I'd love to come visit. best to you and mtn. girl as always.
Blogger Joe Powell, at 12:27 AM  
It took me 2 years to make the same pay as the previous editor who was earning more than I did in his first 6 months on the job. I was his assistant. When I took over, I had no assistant and was earning $4,000 less than he was. I was promised the $4,000 raise, but, as I said, didn't get it for 2 years. By the time I got the raise last year, the cost of everything had gone up, so in essence, I was still making less than he had. Now I'm back in Tennessee and about to start looking for a job. I don't expect to make as much here as I did in Hollywood, but I don't expect life to cost as much as it did in Hollywood either ($1,400-a-month rent for a 2-bedroom apartment... you do the math). Mr. Bush and his ilk are putting the hurt on everybody. I don't know anyone (other than Haliburton and similar crowds of greedy demons) who hasn't felt the pinch.
Blogger The Editor, at 1:10 AM  
Thanks folks! I have been wondering if it was just me. I always feel like if I am hungey the whole world is hungry. Your input helps me to see beyond my own nose.

I hope and pray some of the moneys do trickle down to us from these good economic times.
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 5:21 PM  
ahh... i haven't kept up with inflation since Carter was president!
Blogger greatwhitebear, at 9:19 PM  
Amen!
Blogger Tennessee Jed, at 12:42 AM  

Add a comment